The Countdown Is On: Switch Now to
Direct Deposit for Federal Benefit
Source: U.S. Department of the Treasury, Financial Management Service
Do you get Social Security or another federal benefit payment by paper check? If so, you should know that you are now required by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to switch to an electronic payment option. By making the switch, you will help save taxpayers $1 billion over 10 years.
It’s fast, easy and free to switch to direct deposit today. You can sign up:
- At your local Bank of Easton branch
- Online at the Treasury Department’s
Go Direct®website, www.GoDirect.org
By calling the U.S. Treasury Electronic Payment Solution Center at (800) 333-1795
If you do not choose an electronic payment option by March 1, 2013, you will receive your payments via the Direct Express® Debit MasterCard® card so you will not experience any interruption in payment.
The Time to Switch Is Now
Don’t wait for the deadline to make the switch. Take action today and start immediately enjoying the many advantages electronic payments have to offer:
- Safety– No risk of lost or stolen checks.
- Reliability – No delays caused by severe weather or other unforeseen events
- Ease– No need to make a trip to cash or deposit a check.
- Fast Access– You will have access to your money sooner.
When you are ready to make the switch, have your,
- Most recent federal benefit check on hand
- The 12-digit federal benefit check number
- The amount of your last check
- Bank of Easton’s routing transit number and your account number, which can often be found along the bottom of a personal check.
The March 1, 2013 deadline will be here before you know it. Make the switch today and cross it off your to-do list. For more information, visit www.GoDirect.org or view the Go Direct instructional video.